Navya Nair is Dhanya Nair’s screen name. Born in 1984 in Alappuzha, Kerala, she has worked in Malayalam, Tamil and Kannada films. Her father works in the Telecom industry and mother is a teacher.
• Navya debuted in the Malayalam film Ishtam (2001), and was an instant hit.
• The next year she gave another hit, Mazhathullikkilukkam.
• In 2002 she worked in some brilliant films like Kunjikkoonan, Kalyanaraman and Nandanam. For her performance as a servant girl in Nandanam she was given the Kerala State Film Award for Best Actress.
• In 2003 she had a spate of releases, like Gramaphone and Vellithira.
• Sethurama Iyer CBI , Jalolsavam, Azagiya Theeye are her major 2004 releases.
• 2005 was a good year for her, considering that she got the State Award for Best Actress for her films: Kanne Madanguka and Saira.
• Pathaka (2006), Ali Bhai (2007), SMS (2008), Calendar (2009) are some of her latest films
• Violet and a few more films are yet to release
• Her first Tamil film was Azhagiya Theeye (2004), followed by Chidambarathil Oru Appasamy (2005), Pasa Kiligal (2006), Maya Kannadi (2007), Sila Nerangalil (2008), Aadum Koothu (2009)
• Her film Rasikkum Seemane is under production.
• Navya has done very few Kannada films, like Gaja (2007) which proved to be a huge hit, Nam Yajamanru (2009) and Bhagyadha Balegaara (2008).
• Boss is being filmed, and may release in 2009.